Wednesday, April 22, 2015

April 21st 2012

Why do people commit suicide? That's a good question. I continue to ask myself that every day.  Yesterday was the three year anniversary of the day my mom decided she'd had enough. As I look back it's easy to see the "good times" because she's gone. But believe me, it was plenty hard to remember those good times while she was alive.  Her illness tore her apart, which in turn, tore our little family apart. With or without her mistakes, I miss her every day.  So, I've been making this series for her.  She spent years trying to heal. Try as she might, she couldn't express, or confide in anyone exactly what she was going through.  These pieces represent the anguish as I witnessed and experienced it growing up.  I make these not because I'm stuck in the past, but because I see a bright future; a future where children are safe from the kinds of things my mom endured as a child.  With every piece I've been donating money to RAINN- The Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network. I hope they will inspire someone else to donate too. 








No comments:

Post a Comment