Monday, March 10, 2014

Sassy Cassie Part 1

There was once a little girl named Cassie who loved to read. She read so many books that her mom and dad thought that I should make an illustration of it! Her mom is a lovely lady that I worked with right out of RISD. When I was a newbie at Sin Desserts she taught me everything she knew. I was very excited to get this project because 1. This is a great family, and 2. Their daughter is the CUTEST. She proved to be perfect inspiration for a piece of this nature. 
This is part one of my process for the illustration. I've just drawn and inked this baby, and will be bringing color into it next; lots of happy colors...going for the feel of a spring day or maybe dusk (when the lightning bugs come out)? I'm still looking to add a couple more fantastical elements. I'm all ears for suggestions! 


No comments:

Post a Comment