Friday, January 3, 2014

It's Been a While...

It has been over a year since I posted anything. To be honest, I lost my password to this account! Anyway, I digress. I'd like to start posting again, to show those of you who are interested, what I've been up to.  This time last year I was working for a local company making designs like these. These were my favorites of the bunch. The little peacock one actually made it to BJ's! 

It's funny because on my blog you've seen 3D cakes, mopey paintings, and happy children's illustrations. This was the last job I did before I realized what my true passion was: Teaching. This past year teaching high school has been tremendously rewarding- rewarding in a way that illustrating full time never really was. 

 Luckily (and I tell my students this all the time as a way to sell art school), my education served to teach me more than the title that my major indicates: Illustration. It also served to teach me problem solving, and constructive criticism which translates so well to teaching that I find myself more prepared each day than I thought possible. Enjoy the work below, and keep tuned for posts from me.










No comments:

Post a Comment