Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Neighbors house burned down. Honestly.



Unfinished oil painting about home/homes in general. Or is it done?
It's taken me far too long to get this one going. It's harder to approach paintings now after a day of work when all you want to do is eat dinner and sit down for a long while. I might do more drawings with ink because of this. I want to make art fun again. RISD did something that made it un-fun. There's an inspirational rut I'm in, and I need to get out of it! I got a little farther and happier about this painting after a day that I drove by my old house and neighborhood. It all looked the same. Same mailbox, pool, windows... the fireman sticker was still in my bedroom window. But it's all different people. It's no longer my home, it's theirs'. I think that helped me figure out what I wanted with this piece.

The first few months out of college is terrifying. People had warned me, but I didn't believe them. I have been on my own since Junior year of College,so I thought it would be a cinch, but it's still very different. School offers a security blanket, and now I don't have that. I'm embarking on my third job and I'm hoping that something will give. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment